NOTICE: Lazer Star Billet Lights are protected by United States Patents 8974102, D427,696, D440,330 & D463,048. Other Patents Pending.
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND PRECAUTIONS BEFORE INSTALLATION AND USE.
- There are two wires coming out the lights, 1 wire goes to a ground and 1 wire goes to a "hot" lead. It does not matter which is which (Except LED).
- Use a switch. If you are using the Lazer Star Lights wiring kit, follow the instructions that are included with that kit. The switch and fuse specifications listed below are for when you have chosen NOT to use the wiring kit.
- If you are having a problem with your Lazer Star Lights (such as lamp failure) please contact us BEFORE you attempt to disassemble or repair the light yourself. See warranty information for further details.
- Visit our web site at www.lazerstarlights.com and click on the FAQ page for installation location ideas and for instruction sheets.
Halogen Tail/turn lights:
- Wire your new tail/turn lights right into your existing wiring.
- If you wish to use your Lazer Star light as a "dual-element" (i.e. both running and stop) light our Converters are required. Please see the detailed instructions that come with the Converters.
Rigid Mount Lights (all):
- DO NOT SCREW IN THE BOLT MORE THAN 9/16" INTO THE HOUSING, INCLUDING THE SPACER. Screwing in any farther than 9/16" may cause the bolt to come in contact with the lamp resulting in damage or complete failure. If the bolts provided are too long or short for your application, please contact us for alternate bolt lengths.
- Light must be mounted to a flat surface with bolt pass-through hole being no larger than 3/8" dia. for XS and Micro B lights and no more than 3/8" dia. for Bullet and Shorty lights.
- Do not over-tighten the bolt. Doing so may cause thread damage to the light housing. Using a thread locker (LocTite) is strongly recommended.
- Once installation is complete the wire hole located at the head of the bolt MUST be sealed with silicone to avoid moisture from entering the housing. Failure to do this will result in voiding the warranty.
LED Tail/turn lights:
- Wiring is as follows: BLACK: Ground; ORANGE: Running; YELLOW or RED: Turn. This will give you "run/turn" function.
- A LOAD EQUALIZER IS REQUIRED ON H-D WITH USE OF LED LIGHTS. (NOTE: 2 LOAD EQUALIZERS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR H-D WITH FACTORY ALARM SYSTEMS.)
- On vehicles/ bikes that utilize traditional flashers a "no-load' flasher may be required.
Up to 50 watt lights:
- We recommend 12 gauge wire. Use at least a 15 amp. fuse and switch. Using your parking lamp circuit is OK (2 lights maximum).
- A relay is not required, but is strongly recommended for maximum performance.
- Covers are recommended to protect your Lazer Star Lights from flying debris, during the day.
75 & 100 Watt lights:*Note: 75 & 100 watt Lazer Star Billet Lights are not legal for highway use. For off-road use only.
- A relay is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to give you the maximum performance from your lights. Our wire kit (which uses 12 gauge wire and relay) was designed specifically for your lights. If you elect not to use a relay you must use at least a 25 amp. fuse and switch, two lights per fuse max.
- We recommend a minimum of 12 gauge wire.
- (Halogen ONLY) All high powered lights create heat; the aluminum construction of your Lazer Star Billet Lights is an excellent dissipater of heat. However, if you leave your lights on without air circulation (your vehicle is not moving) your lights WILL BECOME VERY HOT. USE EXTREME CAUTION during use. DO NOT TOUCH THE LIGHTS DURING OR IMMEDIATELY AFTER USE. ALLOW AT LEAST 20 MIN. TO COOL. Weekend Concepts will not be responsible for damage or injury due to negligence during use.
- Check the Vehicle Code laws in your state. Some states are more strict than others when it comes to auxiliary lighting. Weekend Concepts is not responsible for any violations of the law whatsoever.
- If you are using Lazer Star Light covers, be sure to take them off before use. If you don't THEY WILL MELT VERY QUICKLY! This can possibly cause damage to your lights. Weekend Concepts warranty does not cover damage to the covers or lights due to the light being operated with the cover affixed.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY AND RETURN POLICY
LIMITED WARRANTY AND RETURN PRIVILEGE:
All GOODS are warranted to be free from defects in workmanship for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of original purchase. In addition, Weekend Concepts, Inc. (WCI) warrants that all metal components (body assembly and mounting hardware) of Lazer Star Billet Lights are free from defects in workmanship for as long as the BUYER owns them. All LED clusters and PCB's are warranted against failure for a period of three (3) years, the chrome or black finish is warranted against cracking or flaking for a period of one (1) year and all lamps, wire looms, lenses, and seals are warranted to be free from defects in workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days, from the date of original purchase. HID electronic components (lamp & ballast) are warranted against failure for a period of (1) year. This HID coverage does not warrant for change in color temprature, flickering, or against caused by moisture or reversed polarity. LX LED: The Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to the metal housing, end caps, and mounts. All electrical components (PCB's, LED's, wire) and seals are warranted for a period of 3 years. The black finish is warranted fore a period of (1) year against fading, cracking, peeling, or flaking. LX LED's are not serviceable by the customer! The item MUST BE RETURNED IN ITS ENTIRETY to WCI for evaluation.
Call Customer Service @ 805-226-8200 to obtain a return number for inspection. As stated above the light is not serviceable by the customer and any damage or evidence of disassembly by the customer voids all warranties.
THIS WARRANTY IS VOID IF THE GOODS (LAZER STAR LIGHTS) ARE DAMAGED AS A RESULT OF DISASSEMBLY BY THE CUSTOMER (BUYER).
Weekend Concepts will not be responsible for damage or failure of any component due to misuse, abuse, acts of nature, accidents, collisions, collision with flying debris, incorrect installation, alteration or modification of any type. We will also not be responsible for any damage to the light, cover or vehicle, incurred while negligently operating the lights with the covers affixed. This warranty does not cover any possible bodily injury and/or property damage incurred during installation or use of Lazer Star lights. Nor does it cover any labor costs of any type. See "Installation Tips" AND THE BACK OF YOUR SALES RECIEPT for further information. For a warranty claim call 805-226-8200.
If you are not satisfied with LAZER STAR Lights return them to Weekend Concepts, UNUSED and/or UNINSTALLED for a refund IF YOU PURCHASED THEM DIRECTLY. If you purchased from a dealer or retailer see that store for their return policy. WCI cannot take back and product not purchased direct.
There is a 20% restocking fee for each item returned. Shipping charges are not reimbursed.
Weekend Concepts will not be responsible for any incoming shipping charges on returns or warranty matters. Your original invoice (or a copy) is required for any warranty claim or return. Weekend Concepts RA (Returned Authorization) number is required for all returns. Weekend Concepts, Inc. reserves the right to amend or modify this policy at anytime. If you have any questions or comments, or if you need further assistance please call us at 1-800-624-6234 or Email us at email@example.com
- See more at: http://www.lazerstarlights.com/tech/#sthash.lHBY7RWn.dpuf